Friday, September 30, 2016

Disney World- Hollywood Studios


Our last day was spent in Hollywood Studios.  I'd also never been to this park.  We got there at rope drop.  Our plan was to head straight to Pixar Place so the boys could be meet Woody and Buzz.

We waited maybe 10 minutes.

Barrett was a little nervous so he stuck close to Patrick. 

Green Army men.  I'm not sure how they weren't suffocating in those outfits.  It was so hot.

After we met Woody and Buzz the stand by line for Toy Story Mania was 10 minutes so we did that really quick.  We had a fast pass for later in the day but we knew the boys would want to do it again.  It was a lot of fun!  I liked it more that Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom.  It was 3D and I thought the different games were fun. 
Then we went to ride Tower of Terror.  Just Jeremy and I rode it and it was so much fun.  I wanted to ride it again but I never did.  After that we went to see the Disney Jr Live show.  It was really cute and all three kids really enjoyed it. 
Then we went to lunch. Jeremy and Jessica, Jackson and Barrett watched some sort of Star Wars thing while Patrick and I went ahead and got started on lunch.  We ate at Dockside something and I had a foot long chili cheese dog that was delicious.
These ducks were walking on the bushes and then they would fly at your table wanting food.
After lunch we walked around a little more and it was just so dang hot. 
I'm going to go ahead and say it, Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park.  I loved the rides they had but there just wasn't too much else to do.  I guess I should say there wasn't much else we wanted to do.  Barrett was not a fan of the shows so we didn't do any of those.  We probably should have tried to do more of them, if only so we could sit in the air conditioning.  We rode Toy Story Mania again.  Everyone except me, Barrett and AveryAnn rode the Great Movie Ride.  There was a point after lunch that I was over it.  I was so hot, AveryAnn was hot.  I needed to feed her but I wanted to sit in ac.  We finally found a little coffee type shop.  We got drinks and just relaxed for a bit.  We were trying to figure out our fast passes.  The night before a man had given us 4 fast passes for anything and a rider swap fast pass for Rockin' Roller Coaster.  So we were trying to figure out how to use them.

We worked it out to use fp for Indiana Jones.  Barrett thankfully fell asleep because he wouldn't have liked the loud explosions.  But overall it was fun.  I feel like it was so iconic from my childhood I knew I wanted to see it. 

After Indiana Jones we decided to use the fast pass for Rockin' Roller Coaster.
It was so much fun!  I wish we could have rode it again. 
It started raining as soon as we came out and sprinkled so we sat under a cover.  Then we headed to where dinner was.  It started pouring again.  I was so hot that I didn't even put on my poncho.  Which was fine until we sat down for dinner and my shirt was soaking wet. 
We had dinner at Mama Melrose and again it didn't disappoint.  We laughed so much at dinner. 
After dinner we went back so the boys could ride Toy Story Mania one last time.  We also promised the boys we would get them Slinky Dog toys.  Well of course we get to the little store and they only have one slinky dog so Barrett got Rex and Jackson got Slink Dog.
Oh and they also got light sabers.
Can you tell their parents are suckers?
Our last picture.  We're all still friends so I consider this trip a success. 
My thoughts on Hollywood Studios.  It wasn't my favorite.  Maybe if it hadn't been so hot I would have enjoyed it more.  I think for girls that like Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid and Frozen it's probably a lot of fun or if  you like Star Wars.  We should have done Frozen Sing-a-long but we didn't.  I think it will be better when they finish Toy Story Land.  It's a half day park for me right now.  I wish we would have planned to spend half a day there and another half day at Epcot.  Also it's hot and there aren't many indoors quick service restaurants so I didn't feel like we ever got to really cool off and there didn't seem to be as many places to get free ice water as in other parks.  If we go back before Toy Story Land is finished I would just do this park as a half day.  I wouldn't want to miss Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster or Toy Story Mania but I wouldn't want to spend all day there either.  We were sad to leave the park because it was our last day. 
We got up Saturday morning and started getting packed to head home.
We truly had a wonderful, magical vacation.  We can't wait to go back.  I was honestly shocked that Patrick had as much fun as he did.  I think Barrett was at a perfect age he really loved it.  He still talks about the Magic Kingdom and Buzz.  He says next time he wants to go inside the castle.  I can't wait to take AveryAnn when she's closer to Barrett's age and see it all again through her eyes! 

No comments: