Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's Christmas Time

We had a busy week leading up to Christmas.
Wednesday night we had a girls night at Crystal's house.  They just moved in this Fall and I was so excited to finally get to see the place.  It's beautiful!  Fun night laughing with these girls!

Barrett went to school Tuesday and Wednesday but Thursday he went to work with me.  He wanted to wear his Santa hat.

We had the Slovensky family party Thursday night and the women usually exchange a little something.  I did these tea towels with a hand written recipe from my MiMi's cookbook.  I loved getting to make this!

We planned for the girls to wear their matching Santa dresses and they looked so cute, even if AveryAnn cried when we tried to take their picture.

This one is better.  They make everything more fun!

Friday my mom and sister were making pagachi.  I went for moral support.  They did let me cover the rising dough balls with saran wrap so I'm practically an expert.

Sister wasn't a fan at first, she kept dropping it on the floor.


Every year I say I'm not going to be shopping and wrapping on Christmas Eve but this year was no different.  I spent a lot of time complaining about everything I had to get done.  I felt very overwhelmed most of the season and now I'm sad that I wasted so much time.  I should be thankful that we have so many people to buy for.  We are so blessed with family and friends that we love.  Patrick and I sat down this week and made a plan for saving and shopping next year so hopefully I really will be done early and can enjoy the season.


No comments: