Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April: Baseball & Field Trips & the Popcast, oh my!

It's been too long since I've written anything.  I feel like so much has happened but also not much to talk about.  We are in full ballpark mode and spend most of our "free" time there.  I'm still loving my job but it also gets a little busier this time of the year, people like ice cream when then weather is nice.  I also wrapped the signs for the Magnolia Festival last week.  So we've just been going, going, going.
Love my sweet cuddle bug.

These boys were ready for the late game for their first home game of the season.

AveryAnn loves her baby.

I got this text from his teacher.  He was the first one in his class to make it into the red word club, he was so proud!  We were too!

Another day at the ballpark with my babies and their babies.

That #9 is the cutest!

It was raining and she was over it.

We went on a field trip to the farm.  It was wet and yucky but these three enjoyed the educational session.

On our way home from the field trip!

Oh look another day at the ballpark with her babies.

She even brought one for her daddy to hold.

The kids spent the night with my parents so we could go to dinner.  My dad used to roll our hair on sponge rollers nearly every Saturday night for church on Sunday.  So it was only fitting that AveryAnn sleep in sponge rollers.  She was so proud! She's insisted we roll them at least once a week since then.

This was after church and a nap.  It was so cute.  It was also funny because people that knew me when I was a kid remembered and commented on it.  It made me laugh!

When I picked her up on Monday she'd insisted my dad roll it again.

At the ballpark again, this day she insisted on wearing Barrett's chicken shirt from K4 graduation last year.

He has worked so hard this year. It's been so much fun to watch.  Our coach added a few extra practices if anyone wanted to come and he has begged to go.  Even asking Patrick to take him to the field when there was no practice.  Its paid off, his team has improved so much.

He finally got his first home run.  I was so excited because Patrick, all of his grandparents and Mrs. Ross all were there to see it.  I may or may not have shed a tear or two.  He's hit a few more since then and it never gets old.

I'm on a quest to try new restaurants.  Birmingham has some great restaurants, and we want to try them all.  We tried Pizzeria GM and it was really good.  

After dinner we went to the Popcast live show.

This is by far my favorite podcast, and the fact that they live right in my city makes me so proud.  I don't know why, they don't know me but it does.  The show was so much fun.  They sent an email asking for QTNA (questions that need answers).  I asked a question but I totally botched the group/song title.  of course they used it and it was on the big screen with my name.  I was so embarrassed, all I could do was laugh. 
We had the best time.  I laughed until my cheeks hurt!  It was a great girls night out!  
Next up Easter!

No comments: