Yesterday was Barrett's half birthday. I can't believe he's 18 months old. He has grown up so much these past few months. There's definitely no baby left. He is all boy and busy all day long. So far this age has been fun. A little trying at times but mostly fun. Getting your picture was a nightmare!
- You weigh 26lbs (75th percentile)
- You are 32" tall. (50th percentile)
- You run everywhere.
- You love to give kisses.
- We started the Early Intervention program to teach us how to teach you. We've been so pleased so far.
- You're wearing 18 month clothes.
- Size 4 diapers still, although I think we'll be moving up to 5's soon.
- Your size 4 shoes are getting a little tight.
- I feel like you outgrew your clothes over night.
- You say three words consistently. "hey", "yeah" and "no".
- You've said "Mama", "Daddy", "work" and "cookie"
- You're trying to talk all the time.
- You really try to imitate us when we ask.
- You can wave "Bye-bye" but don't do it on command.
- You sign for "more" and "all-done"
- You sleep great at night. 12 hours if I get you down early enough. You really need that but sometimes it's hard to get you to bed at 7:00 and you don't sleep late. You're almost always up by 7:30 unless it's storming or dark out. You're down to one nap a day it needs to be from 10:00-1:00 but sometimes you don't get it until later.
- You're so sweet and love to "love on" your stuffed animals.
- You also try to "love on" Ally but she's not a fan.
- You still love anything that rolls. ball, car, bottle you don't care as long as it rolls.
- You play so well by yourself. You can entertain yourself for hours.
- You are loving the water this summer.
- We've been to the splash pad some and I love watching you interact with other kids.
- We've also been to toddler time at the library once and you liked it. We'll be going back more
- You like books. You'll bring them to us to read to you.
- You love to be outside. We've been playing outside in the evenings and you just can't get enough.
- You love to eat. You would eat all day long if I let you. You're more picky but still not to bad. You'll try anything we put in front of you. You pretty much eat whatever we're eating.
- Some of your favorites are blueberries, french fries, bananas, chicken of any kind, sweets of any kind, raisins, grapes, goldfish and any kind of bean.
- You're drinking 2-3 cups of whole milk every day and you love it. You also drink water.
- You love to people watch when we go out to dinner
- You've had your first haircut and it's time for another one.
- You've also started getting upset when we leave. Just a little separation anxiety, completely normal but still makes me sad.
I can't believe that you are 18 months old. A year and a half. Time is surely flying right by us. I find myself stuck in this limbo of loving watching you grow into each new stage and missing my little baby. You are so much fun right now. I love hearing your little voice try to repeat us. I love the big sloppy kisses that you love to give. I know that all too soon it won't be cool to kiss your Mama and I'll be heartbroken. Some days bed time can't get here fast enough. I feel like I say "no" about a thousand times a day. It's hard work. You're constantly testing your boundaries and it can be exhausting. For every exhausting, boundary testing moment, there's something adorable that you'll do. You love to sit on the hearth and just look at us to see if we're looking at you, when we are you just smile and giggle! You have starting spinning in circles to make yourself dizzy. Its so cute to watch. You get so tickled. Watching you discover the world around you is so special. You are so laid back and go with the flow. You have brought us so much joy. It's hard to remember life without you (I have vague memories of sleeping late on the weekends but that's about it.) I hope you always know how much we love you and support you.
Thank you for making our lives so much brighter over the last 18 months.
I love you!