Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May Days

The last weekend in April we went to the Gardendale Magnolia Festival.  This year they added a 5k/1 mile Color Run.  Patrick and Barrett did the one mine fun run! Then we headed over to the carnival for food and fun!



Grampy dropped out to hang with me and AveryAnn.




We didn't get to go back on Saturday because we had a ballgame.  
Then Sunday we went to John & Hope's house to celebrate Brooks' first birthday!  We had the best time hanging out with them!  I see a lot of Summer days spent in their backyard!

I helped by making the balloon garland

May is always busy, I know this, yet I'm still shocked every year.  We hit the ground running.  May 1st was Play Day for Barrett's class,  It was fun and the kids has a blast!
 The Saturday after Play Day we had Park Day at the ballpark.  Our team was supposed to work the Dunkin' Booth but it rained that morning and they decided to can it so I worked in the concession stand until it was time to get ready for our game.  It was a big game.  We were playing for the league championship.  There were only 4 teams in our league but we were so excited to be finishing in the top two.  We started as the worst team.  We've got a lot of young players and it showed the first few games.  But they have improved so much and we were so proud of them.  But I'd by lying if I said we didn't want them to win it all!  We were leading through the whole game and they went ahead in the last inning.  We got the last bat and we were at the top of our lineup.  We needed to score two runs.  There was one out, We had two runners on base and the batter was up.  He had struck out twice in the game already.  I was so nervous he was going to strike out and then Barrett would be up with two guys on base and two outs.  Thank goodness the boy hit a bomb and we scored the two runs to win the game!  It was so exciting!  The boys were so cute and us moms were so excited and proud!  


Also from May 1st-5th my parents were keeping Madelyn and Brooks while their parents were out of town.  We got to spend a lot of time with them and it was so much fun!  They came to park day and had the best time!  


Madelyn brought this box of plastic wrap to me and said she wanted to try some of it.  She is so funny!


Mom and Dad were taking them home Sunday afternoon so after lunch I took my two and Madelyn to the park so my parents could gather all their things and get ready to take them home.

They had so much fun.  I loved this one of them swinging together.

Madelyn is a lot more brave than AveryAnn.  She was following Barrett and doing all the big kid things.  
This is what AveryAnn looked like at the ballpark one afternoon.  I'd pretty much given up at this point.

One day I had to get on the bus and put Barrett in his seat.  He just kept saying he was so tired so he went to bed before the sun went down that day.


We were dog sitting for my old boss and this girl was so proud to help me walk them.  She is so cute.
I have laughed and laughed at Barrett's sheet he filled out for Mother's Day.  I guess maybe I monogram too much when he says that's what I teach him.

Madelyn had her first dance recital the Saturday before Mother's day.  We never took dance, so this was my first recital.  I gave Barrett the option to stay home but he said he wanted to come.  I figured he would regret his decision.  He says he didn't and he would go again.  

She did so good!  We loved getting to watch her.

John nailed his role as "Dance Dad"

This boy loves his Granddaddy.

She wouldn't look at me for a picture.

They wanted to get in the fountain.

I had to do the man filter on snapchat and I look just like my brothers.  So weird.

Sunday morning, (Mother's Day), my cousin was having their newest baby baptized.  It was early and raining so my mom and I decided to go and leave my dad and Patrick and the kids behind.  It was a nice morning.  I laughed and told her we could go to brunch afterwards and we did. At the church because that is what they had for the family.  

Mother's Day horsey ride.

Had to snap a picture of me and my babies on Mother's day.  

So that's the first half of May.  Next up, Kindergarten graduation!




No comments: