Thursday, July 11, 2019

Summer Bucket List


We've been working on our summer bucket list for the last few weeks!  (I have so much blogging to catch up on).  This has been one of my favorite things over the last few couple of summers, so I couldn't wait to start checking things off.  Most of it is the same from previous years. 
  • Splash Pad- My kids weren't crazy about it last year, but I think this year they will love it!  All of our water activities had to be put off a few weeks until AveryAnn got her cast off.  She's almost back 100% now so hopefully we can hit it up soon.
  • Baron's Game-  We've had the best time at the Barons games over the years.  We want to general admission again and sit in the outfield like we've done it the past but we also want to take Barrett by himself to one game and sit in the stands so he can really see and watch the game.  He's so into baseball these days, I know he'll love it.
  • Lake Day- We went to John & Hope's house on the lake for the 4th and we're planning to go to my parents lake house and spend the weekend for my birthday.  I can't wait.
  • McWane Center- We checked this one off pretty early, we hit it Memorial Day with daddy.  AveryAnn couldn't swim so we needed some dry fun.  Patrick had never been and he enjoyed getting to go with us.
  • Zoo Day- We haven't been to the zoo in months.  
  • Alabama Splash Adventure- For Christmas, my parents gave us season passes to Alabama Adventure.  We've already gotten to go twice.  Baseball and the cast got us off to a slow start!
  • Summer Reading Program at the Library-  We've signed up but we've only gotten our logs checked once.  We're usually so much better than this.  Next week is the last week to have your logs checked so hopefully we can get them checked one more time.  
  • Movie Night-  There are so many good movies coming out in the theater this summer that I want to take the kids to see and we're planning to hit the local movie in the park if we can.
  • Tent Camping-  We've got our tent, we just need to plan a date!  We're going to start in the backyard and then workup to maybe the lake.
  • Write a letter and Mail it-  Barrett needs to practice his handwriting and I thought this would be fun.  
  • Hike at Turkey Creek-  Its not too far from us and it's so beautiful out there. 
  • Beach Weekend-  We actually got to check this one off the last weekend in June. We stayed with Tony and Carla and had such a wonderful weekend.
  • Picnic in the Park- Such a simple, easy, fun treat.
  • Play AllStars-  This is one of those things I added because I knew we were doing it anyway but I also knew it would be a big part of the start of our summer!  We just wrapped up the season last weekend.  It was a roller coaster of emotions for me and Barrett.  We loved the experience and Barrett learned a lot and got to play some really great teams.
So there you have our summer plans!  We go back to school a few weeks later this year so we're excited to make the most of the extra time off.

No comments: