Thursday, February 5, 2009

When I Grow Up

Well budget meeting was a success of sorts. By that I mean we put a lot on the table and we both now have a better understanding of where we stand financially. However we also discovered that we spend more than we make. I feel like this is common among most households. We don't over spend by much each month but it is enough that we need to get it under control now.
On another note I wonder how people know exactly what they want to be when they grow up. I say I have always wanted to be a mommy, a stay at home mommy, but I wonder if that is what will truly make me happy? On the other hand I can't think of anything I want to be. I don't particularly like dealing with the public. I thought I wanted to plan events but I don't want to work on the weekends, even though my husband does so it might actually work better. I wish I could think of something very neat and new and start it from the ground up and work from home and be my own boss and all that good stuff. I just don't know what to do with myself. I like the job I have now but I don't see me doing this forever although I don't really want to work at all when I have kids (although I'll probably have too). I just don't feel very satisfied with my accomplishments lately. I feel like I have a degree from The University of Alabama and I'm wasting it. I just don't want a job that I dread going to everyday and right now I don't mind going. There are so many things that I enjoy doing but I don't do any of them well enough to make a career of them. I think i'm just going to try to be content in life right now and enjoy life as i'm living it. Any ideas let me know!

No comments: