Monday, April 6, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame..

Friday night Patrick and I went to the ball park to watch his nephew play baseball. This is something I am not sure I can handle if I ever have a boy. I could not believe how intense these people are at 5 and 6 years old. Now I'm not going to lie the games were close and even I got a bit nervous. I just wanted to boys to win because all I'd heard was how bad they were and yes from parents. When did baseball quit being about having fun and learning? I really not an unreasonable person. I think we should keep score unlike some programs but why are we putting so much pressure on these kids to always win? It was almost more than I could take. I understand that some kids put the pressure on themselves but sometimes parents are pressurign their kids and don't even realize it. It makes me so nervous about having kids. It is so easy to see when you are on the outside. I'm afraid I won't know if I am pressuring them if I am in the situation. Where is the happy medium?

No comments: