Monday, January 30, 2012

Times are a Changin

Patrick worked his last night/weekend shift for a while this weekend and I couldn't be more excited about it!  He starts his new job next Monday but tonight is his last night shift.  It's going to be an adjustment but one I am looking forward to.  He's going to be on day shift for a while, he'll probably have to work some nights eventually but we're not complaining.
Since Patrick is going to be home every night now, Ally needed to find a new bed to sleep in.  Our bed just isn't big enough for the three of us.  Plus we're trying to work on the separation anxiety.  Hopefully this helps.  She has a nice "room" in the den downstairs.  She wasn't happy about the move but she doesn't cry or anything when I put her down there, she just looks at me with a pitiful look that makes your heart sink!  I think it's going to be good for all of us! 
Here she is in her new "room"


See what I mean...pitiful.  At this point she wouldn't even look at me.  Broke my heart.
 


On Sunday I had 3 teas to attend.  I only made it to two of them.  This was the gift for my cousin's shower.  I thought it turned out so cute.  I made two personalized casserole dishes. I loved the basket with the feather piece as a bow.  It's the little things.


This is a project I've been wanting to to for about 3.5 years now.  I saved all the cards from our wedding showers, I wanted to do something with them I just wasn't sure what.  I saw these "Blessing Rings" and knew that's what I should do.  I used black and white because those were the main colors and I added the green because I liked the look of it. 

I just punched holes in each of the cards and added ribbon.  I love how it turned out. 
We did one for the baby shower I attended yesterday, the momma was in the hospital so she didn't get to come to the shower so I hope she enjoys reading everyone's advice and well wishes

After all the teas my sister, Ava and I headed to the movies to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  I was so excited.  I will watch Beauty and the Beast in any capacity.  It was so good.  I just love that movie.  Amy and her roommate Shannon joined us.  It was a fun evening for sure. 

I'm a dork and made them take a picture with the display!  I was my first 3D movie and I wanted to document it!
 
I'm so excited for Patrick's job change.  It is such a blessing and we are so thankful.  It will be an adjustment like any change but one we are looking forward to.  Patrick is so excited too.  It's refreshing to see him excited about work again. 

No comments: