Sunday, May 20, 2018

Take me out to the Ballgame!

I've done a terrible job at keeping up with things here.  We've been staying pretty busy, I keep saying "I can't wait until we're not so busy".  But I'm afraid this is just our life for this season in our lives.  We've had the best time this season playing baseball.  This was Barrett's first year of "real" baseball with umpires and everything.  After his meltdown at evaluations I wasn't so sure how the season would go.  We have been so surprised by how great it was.  We've heard horror stories about ballpark life but our first real season was amazing.   Our coach was great with the boys.  I loved that he let the boys play several different positions.  So Barrett wasn't stuck in the outfield the whole season.  I'm sure he says the same thing to all the parents but he never missed a chance to tell us how well Barrett was doing and how much he was improving.  He finally started hitting the ball consistently the last two weeks of the season.  We have loved watching him play so much!  It's also been so much fun getting to know other families in the community.  We're already looking forward to next season.  One of the dads were trying to recruit us to play football in the Fall.  I'm not sure if we're ready for that.  But we'll see.
Patrick's nephew plays for the local high school and they made it to the 4th round of the state playoffs this year.  They played the third round at home so we got to go support them.  We'd been trying to take Barrett to a game all season and couldn't work it out, so we were excited to get to go.  There was a big crowd and a lot of his teammates were there.  He went back and forth between playing with his friends and watching the game.  I was actually surprised by how much he really wanted to watch the game.  

Watching them work on the field between games.

I love this picture so much.  He wanted to sit there the whole time but we didn't think the men that put their chairs out at 8:00am would appreciate him blocking their view.

We had to get a picture of these cuties with Daddy's sign.

She was just there for the concession stand.  
They played a double headed.  They won the first and in the 6th inning it looked like a 3rd game was definitely going to happen so we left early.  They ended up coming back and winning and I was so mad that we left.

The last week of our season Barrett noticed some of his teammates had batting gloves.  We told him he didn't need them and that we weren't getting him any for the last two games of the season.  So he improvised with his Paw Patrol mittens.  I couldn't not convince him he didn't need them.  I told one of his coaches and he laughed and said he would handle it.  We all got a good laugh about it.  

He played shortstop during their last game.  We only played two innings because the weather was stormy.  Coach let the dads pitch to their sons.  I missed getting a picture of Patrick and Barrett.  It was really sweet though.  After that game we planned a little team party.  We had pizza and then played a Moms vs Sons kickball game.  We only got to play a couple innings before it started storming again.  Then Coach had roses for each of the boys to give their moms. 

Love these sweet boys and their moms!

My rose from my sweet boy!

This smile sums up how we all feel about this season!

No comments: