Monday, November 5, 2018

Halloween 2018

The kids had been looking forward to Halloween for weeks.  Barrett and Jackson decided they wanted to be the Wild Kratts and AveryAnn was set on a ghost.  I'm not sure where she came up with that idea but she was adamant that's what she wanted to be.  I didn't have to do anything for Barrett's costume since he already had the vest.  Jessica got them matching long sleeve pullovers to wear because we thought it was going to be cold.  I'd planned for him to wear khaki pants but it ended up being pretty warm so we borrowed some khaki shorts from Jackson too.
They looked so cute!  Not many people knew who they were since its a show on PBS but they didn't care.  

I waited until the last minute and threw this together.  And by "I" I mean my mom and dad brought the tulle and my mom wrapped it around her and made this costume.  
We were supposed to be the Average Joes from Dodgeball last year but Jeremy had to work so we bailed. This year we decided to do it.  It was also a last minute effort but it was fun!  
AveryAnn only made it around our street but the boys and adults hit all the houses in our neighborhood.  We met up with one of their classmates and her family joined us for the last half.  Barrett got tired around the last 5-6 houses but we made it.  We came back to the house and ate chili and the kids handed out candy.  We didn't have as many trick or treaters this year, I think since it was on a Wednesday, a lot of the local churches had their festivals Halloween night.  We had so much fun!  I love this little tradition.  The kids are at such fun ages!  I know this time is fleeting so I'm soaking it all up!


No comments: