Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Wondering Years Book Party

The week before Thanksgiving, my sister bought ticket to Knox McCoy's book release party for his new book.  We both love the Popcast podcast so it was so much fun getting to meet him (we'd met Jamie last year at another local event). 
We were both a little nervous because we didn't really know what to expect.  But we always have fun together so we knew it'd be fine.

It was decorated so cute.  These cookies were delicious.

A fun drink.  "The Canine Evangelist". 

Fun freebies!

The chapter he read aloud was about being either a Pat or an Alex.  As in Pat Sajak or Alex Trebek.  He goes on to talk about how Pat is basically just there for a good time and Alex promotes deep thinking.  He challenges you to question everything.  This picture is when I told him I'm definitely a Pat Sajak.  He looks a little shocked that someone would want to admit that.  But we can't all be questioners, sometimes we need someone who is just there to bring the fun.  

Knox is as delightful in person as he is on the Popcast.

We each got a signed copy of the book.  I started reading it immediately when I got home and it was so good!  
Afterwards we headed to Big Spoon to get a piece of bourbon pecan pie.  It was a delicious way to end the night.  I love stepping out of my comfort zone and getting to do fun stuff with my sister.

No comments: