Monday, June 29, 2020

Oh Baby, Baby!

We've been keeping a little secret during quarantine.

We're so excited to add this little one in October!  I've always wanted 3 kids, it took a little convincing but Patrick finally jumped on board.  I think it helps that Barrett and AveryAnn will be a little older.  My biggest fear is this will totally disrupt their sweet relationship.  They are so sweet and really enjoy playing together.  I hope that continues.  They're really excited so hopefully that doesn't wear off too soon.
March

April
We've kept this little one to ourselves for a lot longer than planned.  I figured I better get something official on the blog so he/she isn't disappointed to know there was very little documentation of them cooking compared to their siblings.  We talk about her (AveryAnn is insistent its a baby sister and for now we're going with it) every single day, multiple times a day.  We wanted to wait to tell the kids and we didn't want to tell a bunch of people and the kids not know so we just waited to tell people until after my 12 week appointment.  Quarantine has definitely made that easier.  We've slowly been telling people as we see them.  It's been a lot of fun.  
The kids are beyond excited, Patrick and I are too.  I feel so old this time around.  I've felt worse this time too but I'm not sure how much of that is pregnancy or how much is quarantine.  I'm finally feeling better.  But overall just so thankful for this baby.  It's kind of surreal to be pregnant again.  A little scary in these uncertain times.  But it's also been really nice to just be home and rest and enjoy growing another babe.  
When I went in for my "12 week" appointment I was 11 weeks and they couldn't get the heartbeat on the doppler so I had to go over to ultrasound and they were able to get it right away.  I was a little nervous but then I was really excited because I got to see the baby again and got these pictures where you can actually tell it's a baby.  I knew the kids would be way more excited about these than the 7 week ultrasound pictures.
We had our anatomy scan on June 2nd and everything looks right on schedule.  We didn't find out the gender and it makes me even more excited!

We went to the beach for one last vacation as a family of 4 and it was perfect! Barrett snapped this sweet picture of my {huge} bump and I love it so much! I feel bad that I haven't been documenting this pregnancy weekly like I did with the other two but hopefully they won't hold it against me.   We're counting down the next 16 weeks until we get to meet this sweet baby!  We have a lot to do and I know it will be here before we know it. 

No comments: