Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beach Bums

Last weekend, my parents graciously invited me to the beach with them and my brothers family.  (My other siblings were invited but couldn't attend).  We had such a nice time. It was Porter and Harper's first time to the beach and they loved it.  I loved getting to watch them explore something new and enjoy something I've loved since I was a kid.
I've got a few pictures, they are probably out of order but I'm lazy and want to get this post up so please forgive me.


The water was beautiful.  I've been to Cancun and the beaches were as pretty or prettier than those.  The water was so calm and the kids had a ball.


Harper was pouting because she didn't get to walk around the docks at the marina.


We ate at the Captain's Table as always and I got the grilled shrimp and it was delicious as always.


We also headed to another family favorite Thomas' Doughnuts, and they'd added this gem in the parking lot.  I loved it. 
I had tow requests for food while I was there and luckily we managed to hit both spots.


Now, I'm sorry for this but these people needed to be documented.  I'm not ever sure why they make bikinis that large.

I made these cute sand buckets for the kids.


This cutie loved the beach and the ocean.

This one loved the beach too.

The best Nana ever brought them popsicles to the beach.

We fed Mr. Charley's birds.

The marina.
I was jealous of his volume.  Kid's got some hair.
Drew napping on the beach.



I made Harper into a mermaid.  She was in heaven.

This was our camp for the week.

Porter wanted mom to build him a jeep in the sand that he could drive.  This is what the finished product looked like.

She dug out the seat so he could get in it and drive.

We wanted to get some pictures of the kids on the beach before we left and we farted around and had to settle for morning light and it practically blinded the kids.

My mom has a picture of the four us in this same spot as kids.

The only picture of me from the whole weekend.

It was a nice trip.  I loved getting to hang out with the kiddos and spend time with my family.  I wish Patrick and the rest of the fam could have made it...maybe next year.

No comments: