Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pomp & Circumstance


 
Friday my mom, sister and I packed up the car and headed to ttown.  I was excited for the rare springtime trip.  I love how the minute I get down there I feel like I'm back in college.  
I love going to graduation at Alabama.  It is such a special feeling watching those kids walk in, I'm reminded of how I felt at that exact moment.  I remember that feeling of accomplishment, I made it, both figuratively and literally.  You truly feel as if the world is your oyster!  They always ask parents, grandparents, etc to stand up so they can be applauded for their support over the years but this year they asked all Alumni to stand first and it was so special to get to stand with my sister and cousins.  With all that being said, is there anything more boring to sit through than a graduation.  I know that's an awful thing to say but am I wrong?
We were lucky enough to have two graduates this year.  My little brother's girlfriend Hope graduated Friday night.  Afterwards we went back to her apartment for some food.  I always enjoy spending time with her family.  They are so cute! 
 



After the graduation party, we went out to celebrate John's birthday! 
The birthday boy.
 
 
 We took this to send to our other cousin Bullet.  I love these kids.  I'm so happy that we're still friends and still enjoy hanging out together. 
 
Roomies

Saturday we headed back for round 2.

This was supposed to be Alumni but John snuck in.  I'm so proud of Mark and Hope (and John who will graduate next year)


Elizabeth's pinterest inspired gift for Mark.  It turned out cute.

We decided to hit a few balls at the fiesta after party.

Clearly I was out of my league with these guys. 

All in all it was a good trip with my mom (she was there although she doesn't appear in any photos, don't know how we managed that).  I loved getting to hang out with my cousins and brother and sister.  It was a special weekend!

No comments: