Today Barrett, you are two months old.
(He wasn't "feeling" the photo shoot at the beginning!)
You've grown and changed so much this month. It's been fun and challenging! We had your two month checkup today and you did great. You got 4 shots and only cried for a minute. I didn't cry at all, I was proud of myself.
- You weigh 11lbs 11oz. 50th percentile.
- You're 22" long. 10th percentile. You've only grown an inch since birth.
- Dr. Farr put you on Zantac because we think the reason you aren't sleeping well at night is due to reflux. Hopefully it helps.
- He also said I don't need to rock you back to sleep every time you wake up at night. He said he usually doesn't recommend crying it out this early but since we (I) are already starting bad habits I need to let you cry and learn to soothe yourself. I was rocked to sleep nearly the whole time I lived at home. I guess you come by it honest.
- You started smiling at us this month and you do it all the time. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I completely melt every time you do it. You smile so big every time I get my big camera out. It makes my heart happy!
- You went to church for the first time this month and have been 5 times so far. You've done pretty well each time. You start to get more vocal if it goes longer than an hour but it's usually because you're hungry.
- You had your first play date and it was so cute watching you and Cruz lay on the play mat together!
- You did sleep through the night this past Friday (6 straight hours) I'm pretty sure it was just a fluke because the last two nights you've been up every hour. I'm really hoping the zantac helps.
- You started sleeping in your crib this month. It's been an adjustment and I think it has been a factor in your terrible sleeping habits lately but you have to learn sometime.
- You just started wearing size 2 diapers.
- Newborn clothes are finally starting to get tight on you. The pants are too tight but we're still squeezing you into the sleepers because the next size is way to long and you legs don't stay in the leg holes.
- You wear some 3 month things.
- You are eating more like every 2.5 hours now instead of the every 3 hours like last month. I think you've just been growing. Sometimes you'll still go 3 hours or longer.
- You nurse anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.
- You're taking 3.5-4oz in a bottle when you take one.
"Why you taking so many pictures mom?"
This month has been so fun! You've started interacting with us more and its so fun to make you smile. It's also been challenging. I never realized I could function on so little sleep. I only thought I needed coffee before you came along. We've started getting out and about with you more this month and you seem to enjoy it. I think you get tired of me sometimes. We go to work 2-3 days a week for a few hours to make signs. I finally took down the Christmas tree. It made me sad to think we'll be getting ready to celebrate your 1st birthday when we get it out again. Time is flying and I'm trying to soak in every minute.