Sunday, March 10, 2013

Barrett's Baptism

I feel so overwhelmingly blessed by the support of our friends and family on such a special day for our little family.  I'll come back and update when I find the words.
{5 months later I'm finally back to update with words}

Patrick and I had such a hard time choosing Godparents for Barrett.  We really wanted to choose people that would love our son and encourage him every step of his life.  We wanted people that would be there for all his big moments in life, not because they had to but because they wanted to be there.  We wanted someone that if anything ever happened to us they would step in scoop him up and raise him just as we would.  Yes, we had pretty high standards.  We finally decided on my brother John and his finance Hope.  
We are so blessed.  There were about 50 people that joined us on this special day.  Barrett is one loved baby.

He did pretty good.  He cried and cried leading up to everything.  I can't remember for sure but I don't think he cried when Father Deering actually poured the water on him.

I thought this was a cute picture of John and Hope's shoes.





Barrett and Father Deering.  He also married us.

My sweet family.

Sweet baby.

Us with my brother, Hope, Elizabeth and Clay.  I was so thankful that they were able to make the trip from Atlanta.  It really meant a lot to me.


Us with our parents.  (This seems like so long ago.)

I love this picture!
My sweet cousins loving on my baby.  I loved growing up with these boys and there is nothing sweeter than seeing people you love love your child.


Ava is Patrick and my Goddaughter.  Our Goddaughter and our son napping.

I loved having my family over to celebrate with lunch at our home.  I loved watching the kids run and play in my back yard.  I loved sharing Barrett's nursery and all the little details we worked on to make it his and special.  I don't think I'll ever be able to express how blessed and loved we felt by the people that spent this day with us.  It was so special.

No comments: