I've been feeling really guilty about making Barrett go to daycare three days a week this summer. He easily could have gone with me to the office but I knew it'd be better for both of us if he we tried to stay with his routine. I still want to do some fun things with him but I knew if I didn't write them down, it'd be August and we wouldn't have done anything we were hoping to do. Thus, the Summer Bucket List was born.
- Splash Pad- I want to go to the one at the zoo and the one in Gardendale.
- Movies- One outside (there are several playing in a park close to us), one at the Alabama Theater and we want to see Cars 3.
- Summer Reading Program at the library.
- Lake Weekend- We don't usually spend the night when its a holiday weekend because there just isn't room anymore for everyone and we live the closest so it makes the most since for us to go back and forth. I love waking up at the lake so I'm hoping we can get up there one weekend when it's just us.
- Beach Weekend- We've already got a weekend planned to go stay with our friends and we can't wait. I don't want to wish the time away but we're counting the days until we've got our feet in the sand.
- Sno Shack- Who doesn't love a shaved ice for a fun summer treat.
- Urban Air trampoline park- We're hoping to get the boys together and do this one day. We've never been but have heard great things.
- Barons Game- We had the best time the last time and can't wait to go again.
- Zoo Day! We want to put our membership to good use!
I feel like we've got a good mix of big things and smaller things. We're so excited and ready to take on the summer!