Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 7

Well friends, it turns out that calories (and macros) do in fact count on your birthday.  I guess there was no way I was going to make it through this whole journey without any setbacks.  It is so easy to get discouraged when you don't see exactly what you want to see on the scale but I'm so proud of how far I come and any negative feelings I feel go away when I look in the mirror.  I'm finally not embarrassed of the person I see looking back at me.  Now, don't get me wrong, she's still got a ways to go but she's come so far already that I can't help but smile.  And honestly, I don't regret one thing I ate for my cheat meal (okay it was more like a cheat day).  I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday all weekend long and finally got fully back on track Sunday. Thursday, I ate keto all day until that evening when the girls took me out to Mexican for my birthday.  I had a Margarita, chips and queso and half of a cupcake.  (The scale would have been fine if this was all I'd eaten probably).  Friday, we started with donuts.  I just had a kolache.  For lunch I wanted French fries so I ate French fries.  For dinner Patrick and I were going to go out but he ended up having to work late so we had a little pizza party at home.  I ran by the bakery and picked up some cupcakes to celebrate with my little family.  (This was probably where I went the most wrong.)  I ended up eating half of the cupcakes over Friday and Saturday.  Saturday I went to the pool without my kids.  I did back flips and played chicken fights.  I felt way more active in the water than I have in a long time. (I also got way more sunburn than I have in a really long time.) I got back on track Sunday and hit ketosis Tuesday.  I went to HIIT on Sunday and Tuesday night.  My goal is 3 times a week and I've hit that every week since I started.  It feels so good to sweat again.  Another thing that has been a huge motivation this week is people are starting to really notice the weight loss.  Which sounds so vain but you all know that it feels good when someone notices.  It feels good to have people compliment your hard work. 
Here's the scale this week.
+2.2lbs
Not exactly what I wanted to see.
But I'm back on track and more determined than ever to stay focused.
 There was no change in my measurements. 

I'm not going to lie, it was hard to post this today.  I was feeling very discouraged when I stepped on the scale.  But I got to thinking, how many people face this at least once when trying to lose a large chunk of weight.  I'm guessing everyone.  It's so easy to just want to show our success and pretend like the struggle didn't happen.  I'm hoping that this little setback can be an encouragement to someone that maybe isn't seeing what they want to see when they step on the scale. 



No comments: