Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week Eighteen

I've noticed that the closer I get to my goal weight the harder it is to stay motivated.  You'd think the opposite would be true.  I haven't figured out why this is exactly.   I don't know if its because I'm feeling good about what I see and how I feel.  One thing that helps is I will think I'm looking really good but then I'll order an outfit and when I try it on I realize, "yep, this will look better after I lose another 15-30lbs".  Ha!  I'm still very proud of my progress but I know there's still more work to be done.  I was afraid this week was going to be a dumpster fire when I finally stepped on the scale after a fun weekend!  But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I'm to the point now where I can be a little more flexible for special things.  I don't like to do that too often because it's hard for me to get back on track but every now and then is ok.  Even when I eat more carbs I still try to be conscious of calorie count so I'm not just going nuts.  
-0.8lbs this week.
Not great but still progress!  I'm still 6.4lbs away from my surgery goal. Surgery is in 3 weeks and 2.2lbs a week is totally possible.  I'm going to buckle down and get serious these last 3 weeks.  I also really need to get more serious about my diet again because after surgery I'm not going to be working out for several weeks and I don't want to lose all the progress I've made.

Eighteen weeks ago, I really wasn't sure I'd ever get to say "I've lost 30lbs".  But I'm so glad I didn't let that keep me from getting started and making the change.  Fear of failure has kept me from trying so many things in my life but I'm glad I didn't let it stop me here.  It's time for us to have our body fat analysis done again.  I was disappointed by the results last time but hopefully that won't be the case this month.

No comments: