Wednesday, August 22, 2018

AveryAnn's First Day of 2K

AveryAnn started 2K last week and I was so nervous how she would do.  Barrett started MDO at 18 months but she had not been to any sort of organized childcare thing.  She was adamant she was NOT going to school.  She had zero interest anything school related.  SO I was pretty sure how this was going to go...
Tried to get a picture at home...

Tried to get a picture of us together..

Tried to get a picture by the fountain at school... she wouldn't pose for me but I snapped a couple cute ones on the way in. 
She cried and screamed when I dropped her off.  I could hear her screaming from the second level.  But I didn't get upset.  It was comical by that point because she was so adamant she wasn't going.  A friend dropped her daughter off after I'd left and she said AveryAnn was fine.  That her face wasn't even red.  That made me feel so much better.

Her teacher posted this picture later in the day.  I loved seeing her smiling face.  She said she loved school but she didn't want to go back.  When I dropped her off  Thursday she didn't even cry.  She was so excited.  She was less thrilled yesterday but she is always so happy when I pick her up and talks about how much fun she had.  I think this is going to be so good for her (and me!)  We're looking forward to a great year!

No comments: