Monday, August 6, 2018

Kicking off August & Back to School Shrimp Boil

Summer is winding down around here and it makes me so sad!  Barrett starts kindergarten this week and I'm feeling all the feelings.  My boss asked me today how many days until Kindergarten and I my reply was "too many and not enough"  because that is exactly how I feel.  I'm so excited and I also cry every time I think about it.
I was hiding relaxing one afternoon and this little booger found me.  She said she wanted to relax and then talked for 2 straight hours.

If I'm sitting down she's almost always in my lap.  I'm not complaining.

We had meet the teacher last week.  I'm afraid these two are going to get into trouble together.  But I'm also excited that they'll have each other.

We had to wear our donut shirts for the last donut Friday of the Summer.

It's back to school time so that means we get to help teachers do fun stuff like decorate their classrooms!  This is one of my favorite things about my job.

Then we got to put some numbers on my nephew's go cart.

I finished this book and loved it!  I'm going to buy a copy for AveryAnn to read when she's old enough.

Sister can wear Barrett's old boots and she thinks she's big stuff.

We had our 2nd Annual Back to School Shrimp Boil Saturday night.  We moved the location to Cassi's house since she has a pool and it was so much fun!  I think this is the first time we've all been together, kids, husbands and all.  We all had the best time.  Let me let you in on a little tip, when you've got a bunch of new swimmers, hire a lifeguard.  We did for two hours and it was amazing.  We were all still right there but we could carry on a conversation with each other without being stressed out.  It was the best idea we've ever had for a get together.  She was so sweet and I was so thankful she was there.  We had a cannon ball contest and all the boys had a blast.  I hope they still want to come to our 14th Annual Back to School Boil when they're all about to be seniors.

Little Miss is warming up to the water.  She still doesn't want to wear her puddle jumper but I'm just glad she will put her feet in.

This was after a lot had eaten!  A shrimp boil is one of our favorite meals.

After church and lunch.  She was pooped!  

Saw this on the way home yesterday afternoon.  It was beautiful!

No comments: