Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Birthday Celebrations & the end of July

July 15th we celebrated my birthday with the Hortons. 

It was a nice afternoon.

These two kiddos love this dog!  Millie gets so much attention all day long.

I was on baby duty one afternoon.

Ally got a much needed haircut.  She was like a new dog.


We finished the Summer Reading Program at our library.  We finished with 77 books and around 2,800 pages.  I'm so proud of these kiddos. 
Checking out the fountain at school.

Friday, July 20th, my friends and I went out to celebrate my birthday.  Jessica wins the prize for most loyal friend.  She is so very pregnant and she sat on the patio in the July heat.  Then she endured karaoke stone cold sober.  Bless her.

We had dinner at Bartaco and it was so good.

Our group had dwindled.  Brittany and I did not care.  We would have sang to an audience of zero.  We love karaoke so much.  I can't sing to save my life but I love it.  We have pretty good song selection and that makes all the difference.  There were more people there this time than last so we didn't get to sing as many songs as we'd hoped.

Saturday we met my sister in law, Leslie at her brother's house to swim.  Her nephew and Barrett are both going to be in Kindergarten together at Bryan so it was fun for them to get to play.

The Sunday afternoon Cassie invited us over to swim and we had the best evening.  Barrett started swimming without his puddle jumper and he's doing so well.

Best I could get of them in their matching swimsuits.

This one let me hold her and then she fell asleep.

We came home and snuggled on the couch until bedtime.

Barrett had his last day at CEC.  He has had a wonderful experience but he's ready for big school!  

So, my parents have this broken down hot tub on their deck and it is a breeding ground for tadpoles/frogs.  We brought a few home to watch grow into frogs.  We've also delivered a few to friends. It's become a thing and we've laughed and laughed about it.

On Thursday, the 26th we went to the Alabama Theatre to watch the Lion King.  Barrett had never seen it and we love the Alabama Theatre so much.  It was a fun morning.

Jessica and Jackson met us there.  

Love these babies so much.  We've had so much fun this summer.

We went to the Big Spoon Truck to grab some ice cream that afternoon.

We've been watching Big Brother and Barrett loves watching the competitions, so he's very into it.  The guys wear these bandanas around their heads and he thinks hes so cool.

This is out of order but the Police horse was at the Alabama Theatre and the kids got to pet him.

For my actual birthday I'd been wanting to go to the lake and spend the night.  Patrick was on call but we were going to chance it.  Until he got to work Friday morning and they told him he had to be there at 7:00 am Saturday morning for an event.  So we cancelled the lake and decided to go to dinner as a family to celebrate.  Barrett decided he didn't want to go to dinner because restaurants are boring.  So we called my parents and asked them to keep them and they agreed.  So we got a little date night and it was perfect.

My dad offered to ride up to the lake with the kids and me for the day if we wanted so we took advantage of that and had the best afternoon.  My mom ended up coming up too and we stayed to watch the moon rise.  It was beautiful!

I loves these two pictures of my parents with the kids. I love getting to watch them be grandparents.


Ally got to go and she loved it too!

On Monday, Anna invited us to tag along with her and Drake to the Cullman Aquatic Center for an afternoon of fun.
We had the best time!

Barrett wasn't scared of anything.  He even went off the high dive!  I was shocked!

Tuesday the 31st, we went to work at the local elementary school putting up vinyl.  The kids did so great. They were pretty good and played together so nicely.  I was so thankful!
That's a wrap for July!  We've got one week until Barrett starts Kindergarten and we are soaking it up!

No comments: