Thursday, October 25, 2018

Excellence Lights the Crimson Flame: Homecoming 2018

For the 6th year in a row Barrett and I headed to T-town for the homecoming game and festivities.  It's a tradition I hope lives on forever.  Barrett is really starting to like watching football.  He asks questions and is really trying to understand the game.  My Dad and AveryAnn tagged along to enjoy all the festivities.

We celebrated Matthew and Nicholas's birthday.  

Barrett thought he was so big hanging out with the big boys.  They were so sweet to let him play with them!

We walked to the end of the street to watch the parade.  AveryAnn was very excited. 

I think this is the first year Barrett didn't cry.

They were so cute in their matching elephant outfits!

I love them both so much!  We enjoyed hanging out at the house for a while.  Dad took AveryAnn in the stroller to look at the decorations at the sorority houses and before long it was time for Barrett and me to head to the game.  He was so excited!  I'm glad we left when we did because I'd forgotten we had to go through metal detectors and the lines were backing up.  We got in and headed all the way to the top to our seats.  We caught the sunset and had to snap a picture.

I can't get over how old he looks in these pictures.  Kindergarten has really aged him and it makes me so sad.   He is so much fun but it just pains me to see the time passing so quickly.




He had to stop and look over the ledge on every level.  Then some guy made a comment about "if he had a daughter she'd be wearing boots too" and went on and on about how cute "she" was.  Yall, I've dressed Barrett in some pretty girly things, but I didn't think he looked like a girl at all.  I'm thinking maybe he was mistaking the shirt tail for a skirt? I've laughed and laughed about this.

We didn't stick around to hear Dixieland Delight.  I was sad we missed it but we needed to get back on the road before the traffic got to bad.  It was a wonderful day with my babies.

No comments: