Tuesday, October 2, 2018

September

September was a blur.  School, work, baseball, football repeat.  I think we're finally settling into some sort of routine and it feels nice.
AveryAnn had a brief gymnastics career.  She loved jumping on the mat and that was about it.  We'll try again when she's older.

Barrett had picture day and it was raining.  I was very nervous to see what his hair looked like after that hood but his pictures were so good!

We've been enjoying Friday night football.


She's fallen asleep every week.

Sweet Ava!

We had a free Saturday morning so we went to Jackson's soccer game.  It was so hot and I was so thankful that Barrett didn't play soccer.

Her backpack is huge but she's so cute with it on.

Barrett is loving fall ball.  I would love it a lot more if the temperature felt more like fall.  We've been surprised by how much he's improved since the Spring.  It's been a lot of fun to watch.

This girl loves this style dress.  She calls them her ballerina dresses and she wants to wear one every day.

I had a little hair disaster.  My dad has always done my color.  Well I've got so much gray that I wanted my friend Brittany to do it because she hides the gray really well.  She did it once last summer and I really liked it.  I guess I should also add that she is not a professional.  Well we went wrong in the mixing of the color somewhere and ended up with a red/blonde mess.  It was really bad.  I wore a hat for two days before I could finally get it fixed at a salon.  It looks great now.
 
Barrett was "Star Student" for the week and he was so excited.  It was extra special because it fell during Grandparents day and Open House so he got to show everyone his picture on the wall.

He had all four grandparents there for Grandparents Day and he was so excited!




This was after I got my hair professionally fixed!  It's so pretty but I can not afford professional color.  ( I also can not afford another mishap)


They both wanted their picture made with his picture on the wall.
I got to eat lunch with the "Star Student" one day.  We were both pretty excited!

The thing he misses the most about not coming to work with me is not getting to see Millie.  So one Friday afternoon when we were coming back to Gardendale to go to the football game, I tool her home so he could play with her.  He was so excited!

Another Friday night, another football game nap.

Saturday I laid on the couch to watch the Bama vs Texas A&M game and he wanted to lay with me, next thing I knew he was sound asleep.  It was so sweet and I soaked it up.

He also helped me vacuum.

Playing first base.

Last weekend I went out of town and the kids stayed with my parents because Patrick had to work.  Barrett was so excited to see Brooks and Madelyn.

AveryAnn even let Uncle John hold her.  Madelyn spent the night too and my mom said the girls were so cute together.  I wish I could have seen them.
That pretty much wraps up September (except for a fun little 24 hour girls trip to Nashville but it's getting it's own post!)

No comments: