Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

This is my first post. There has been a lot on my mind this week and I thought this might be a good outlet.

One of my husband's good friends lost his wife Monday morning. She was 30 years old and the mother of a 11 year old son and 10 year old daughter. The crazy thing is no one really knows what happened. She had a hysterectomy about 3 months ago and had been in pain from that and she had also been sick with pneumonia like symptoms. Her husband tried to get her to go to the doctor Monday morning before he went to work, she said she would go on Tuesday because she wanted to spend the day with the kids since they were out of school. Well around 9:00 am the son called the dad to tell him he couldn't wake his mother. It was all over.

The poor son said he'll never forget the way his mother looked that morning when he rolled her over. My husband and I went to visit the family and all the husband could say to us was to take care of each other and to love each other every single day because you never know if it's your last.

This all has got me thinking and I really don't know what I would do if something happened to my husband. I don't know how I would go on. We don't have kids but I can't imagine having to help them deal with the loss of a parent especially since they were the ones who found her. I also can't imagine losing my mother and I'm 23. It is such an awful situation.

No comments: