Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's All about Me!

Since I am new to the blogging world I wanted to introduce myself a bit.
I am Maggie Maxwell Horton. I married Patrick on March 28, 2008. We had a beautiful wedding and reception at the church I grew up in, St Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church.

It was truly a magical day. I can't thank our parents enough for everything they did to mkae it happen! For our honeymoon we rented a little house in a retirement community in Rotunda West, Florida, it is about an hour south of Tampa. We had to drive about 10 minutes to the beach but it was worth it. Each day we went to a different beach, one day we drove to Tampa and went to Busch Gardens. I didn't know Patrick was afraid of roller coasters until then! This is just one of the many things I would learn about him this year! One day we drove clear across Florida to Palm Beach to rub elbows with the rich and famous! It was a beautiful place! We had a blast.


The cups were given out at the wedding as favors and were a huge hit! Patrick and I met through my older brother. Whose name is also Patrick! They are the same age and went to school together and became really good friends 5 or 6 years ago.
Now for my family. I come from a very large family. My mother has 4 brothers and 2 sisters. There are 12 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. We are pretty close to most of them. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. My older brother Patrick is married and has four beautiful children.













From left to right: Ava (5), Porter (21 months), Drew (8), and Harper (7 months).

My younger sister is a junior at The University of Alabama. People have thought we were twins for years. I don't really think we look that much alike but others would disagree! She is my best friend. She is the over achiever and wants to please everyone no matter what it takes. We shared a room most of our lives and we got our own rooms when I was 16 then while I was finishing my last semester at Alabama my dad made us share a room again. We thought it was going to be awful but it turned out to be one of the best semesters ever. We laughed a lot and caught up on the years since we'd last shared a room. This picture was taken after Alabama beat Arkansas in 2007 in a nail biter.






This is my baby brother John. He is a freshmen at The Univeristy of Alabama. They share a house with my cousin. He is very smart but rarely uses it for good. He has a sweet little girlfriend. They've been dating for a while now. She just transfered to Alabama this semester. He is the typical baby. Just like in any family he gets away with everything.






These are my awesome parents. They truly are two of my best friends. They are there when I need them. They will always tell me like it is. They are supportive and I couldn't ask for anything more. I can be myself and don't have to hide a thing with them. That's not to say that we don't have our disagreements but we can usually respect each others opinion and just agree to disagree.

I guess this is all for now. I'm not through introducing myself but this will do for now!

No comments: