Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thoughts on the New Year

Now I realize that the first month of the new year is almost over but I thought I would take some time to review 2008 and make some goals for 2009.
Last year was a pretty big year.
  • I graduated from Alabama (well I actually graduated December of 2007 but it kinda started the big year).
  • I got a big girl job (okay semi big girl job).
  • Patrick and I got married.
  • We got a puppy.
  • Our first big purchase as a couple (other than our house) was a big TV.
  • We were very excited.
  • My baby brother graduated from high school and moved to Tuscaloosa.
  • My parents are "empty nesters" except they keep the grand kids it seems like every weekend.
  • My older brother welcomed his fourth child into the world. A baby girl Harper Claire.
  • My older brother's family was baptized and Patrick and I were chosen to be Ava's Godparents. We were honored.
  • My parents, my sister, and I went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. It was my first trip to New Orleans. I would like to go back.

Now for my goals for 2009.

  • I want to eat healthy. I felt so much better when I ate better. I want to feel like that again.
  • I also want to get an exercise routine and stick to it. I felt so much better when I was exercising everyday.
  • I want to develop a budget and stick to it. I am terrible with money. I want to change this.
  • I want to get organized. Some things in my home are organized...most are not.
  • I would like to become a more supportive wife. I am so short with Patrick sometimes and I want to make sure he knows how much I appreciate him. If we've learning anything lately it is to not take anything for granted. Our friend who lost his wife taught us that. He has been so strong through all of this.

These are just a few things that I would like to out my mind to. I am probably going to use this as my record keeper.

No comments: