Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chicago Day 4

Our last full day in Chicago was a busy one for me!  I had a few things I needed to get but was without a car.  The other guy from Birmingham had driven and brought his wife and 20 month old daughter so they had a car.  They were getting out on Thursday and asked if I'd like to tag along.  So I did!  We quickly ran all the errands we needed but we didn't want to go back to the hotel but we didn't really want to drive to the city (it was about an hour drive).  A friend of mine had been in Chicago the week before and had stayed in a little town called Geneva.  She said it was a really cute place and it wasn't far from where we were staying.  So we decided to give it a go.  It was only about 14 miles from where we were.  It was the cutest little place.  We had a blast just walking around by the water and the shoppes.

We were driving back towards the hotel and this amazing structure caught my eye.  So we turned in and drove around.  It was amazing. Here are just a few photos of the Mandir. ( I think a Mandir is a Hindu temple of some sort.  I'm not positive though.)

Stay tuned for the rest of Day 4...

No comments: