Saturday, March 26, 2011

Therapy

Sometimes you just need to talk to someone who isn't your spouse or parent.  Sometimes you just crave that person (or persons) you know you can vent anything and everything to and they'll love you just the same.  I have the best friends a girl could ask for.  They keep my grounded and help me to see the bigger picture.  I have a tendency to think and dwell on things till they are almost to overwhelming to handle.  These friends are always there to help me sort through my overwhelming thoughts and help me realize that this to shall pass.  If it doesn't pass they'll be there to help me deal with it.  There's no need to worry about the future when we don't know what it holds. 

Last night, I got to meet up for dinner with two of my best friends.  They are a voice of reason when I tend to be unreasonable about things.  We talked about anything and everything.  Lorie filled us in on all things pregnancy related.  We laughed till we cried about Lorie's husband and the many {hilarious} questions he's asked about babies. {Like when will his/hers eyes be open?}  Kristen and I showed Lorie the fabric we'd picked up that will be perfect for Little Ellie's nursery {If it is in fact a girl}  We told Lorie that it probably didn't matter what she and Joe decided to name her if it was a girl that Kristen and I were going to call her Ellie and when she was older it would make for a really funny story to tell her.  She's going to think we're nuts anyway!  Lorie loved the fabric, which we knew she would.  I so hope it's a girl so we can use it.

Isn't it precious.  It has a great grey in it as well as pink, purple, teal and turquoise to make it girly!

  She won't find our for another 3.5 weeks.  The suspense is killing me and Kristen.  I'd be lying if I said we haven't already found tons of stuff to buy for the baby.  Once we've got a confirmed gender I'm afraid we're going to go nuts!  There are so many cute things for babies out there.  I find myself constantly browsing etsy for anything new and cute.  It's a good thing I got my car paid off so I have some extra cash to spoil this baby rotten. 

Kristen and I shared about the goings on in our lives but for some reason the baby was way for fun to discuss than my recent big wheel accident and Kristen's search for a husband.  While I'm sure Lorie is a little more worried, the idea of the baby is so exciting and fun to me.  It's all the things I'm most excited about with a child, decorating a nursery and really tiny cute clothes.  It's fun for me because I don't have to worry about carrying a child for 9 months, doctors appointments, cleaning out the room for a baby, child care and saving for college.  I don't have the pressure of raising an upstanding citizen.  I get to be "Aunt" Maggie again and I couldn't be more excited!

We had such a great time.  After dinner we went back to Kristen's house and laughed with Brittany about some of the crazy things we did in college. {Like when Kristen and I set up an Eharmony account for Brittany}.  I love that I can see these girls everyday or once a month and it's like no time has passed. 

Last night was just what we all needed.  I may not be a real therapist but I've decided that there's nothing that my girlfriends and a good glass of Sangria can't fix!

No comments: