Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Royal Wedding


When Friday, April 29th rolled around we were all in need of a distraction.  I had set my DVR to record the wedding on two different channels on Monday.  As you all know we had devastating weather roll through on Wednesday, April 27th, which knocked power out across most of central Alabama.  I'd gone to spend the night with my parents Thursday night because I didn't want to be in the dark by myself.  Their power came back on Thursday evening.  Ours didn't come on till 6:00 Friday morning so I missed recording most of the wedding.  Luckily it was replaying on the BBC so we were able to watch it.

  I thought Kate looked amazing and Will was cute as ever.  I loved that he looked at her like she was the only one in the world.  You could feel the love he has for her.  I love that the vows they shared were the same vows that Patrick and I exchanged.  They are also the same vows that marry people every day.  It really is amazing to me!

The weather put a damper on my guest list but we didn't let that get us down.  It was my sister, Amy and my friend Caroline.  I failed to get a picture of Caroline!  I made strawberry scones and they turned out delicious.  My sister and I also attempted to make petifores.  They tasted really good but they weren't very attractive!

I framed on of the engagement photos and it looked so good in the frame I thought about leaving it there!  We also had yummy wedding cookies and hummus.  I also had coffee and we used my wedding china! 

Strawberry Scones

Hummus

Petifores

Elizabeth and Amy!  Aren't they beautiful!

It was such a fun night!  It was nice to take our mind off of things.  It was weird how we all felt some what guilty for trying to get back to normalcy when so many lives were turned upside down.  I wasn't alive when Charles and Diana married.  I vividly remember watching all the footage of Diana's funeral.  It was one of those where were you when moments.  This royal wedding will forever be remembered as our distraction from the events of the week. 



No comments: