Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Review

Are y'all ready for a post with actual words?
I've had a pretty good weekend.  Friday I headed over to my parents to welcome them home from the beach.  They'd been gone for a week and I was happy to see them.  We enjoyed sitting on the porch and hearing all about their trip!  They had such a good time.  It made me anxious for our trip next month! 
Saturday morning my sister headed to Pepper Place market in Birmingham.  I'd never been.  It's basically a farmers market and they have some really neat (expensive) antique shops.  I bought a fried apple pie and Elizabeth got some goat cheese.  I enjoyed just walking around taking it all in!  After I got my nails done and some grocery shopping done I headed home.  Later I headed back to my parents to play wii with the kiddos.  (Although I never actually played I just watched Ava dance)

Me and Elizabeth at Pepper Place
This morning I went to get my little brother for church and Miss Harper was not happy with me.  She and Porter wanted to go to church too.  We went in John's Miata so there was no room for the babies.  I love a convertible.  I could ride for hours and hours with the wind blowing my hair.  It's so freeing to me. 

Isn't she cute!  We call her Miss Attitude.  We were cleaning out my old closet and I found some old purses and gave her one.  You would have thought she just won the lottery!   She was so excited!

Also this week I finished Something Blue.  I'd read Something Borrowed  about 2 weeks ago and was excited to read the next installment.  It was good.  I enjoyed them both.  I can't wait to see the movie but I'm cheap and waiting for it to come to the dollar theater. 
All in all it was a pretty great low key weekend.  We're excited for the upcoming holiday this weekend.  Can't wait to head up to the lake!

No comments: