Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blow out

I'd been hearing a weird sound coming from underneath my car since yesterday.  I mentioned it to Patrick tonight before I left for bootcamp I told him it sounded like a helicopter. Well on the way it started to sound a lot worse.  So bad that I called him to see if he could hear it through the phone.  He couldn't hear it but told me to come back home, since I was already closer to the civic center I decided to keep going.  They're doing some scraping and repaving of the highway so I didn't really notice if my car was driving different. 
 I was on Main Street about 4 blocks from the civic center, when a group of teenage boys started yelling and pointing at my car.  So I decided to pull over.  The tire was flat, treads were flapping.  It looked rough.  I immediately called Patrick and he'd already gotten in the shower.  Luckily one of the sweet boys came over and offered to help me.  I was kind of embarrassed that I didn't know how to change the tire.  After watching him I totally could have done it.  ( I learned how to do it once, but it's one of those things that if you don't do it often you won't remember!)
I am so thankful that the young man offered to help me when none of his friends would.  I am going to try to track him down so I can send him a thank you note.  I also want to thank his parents for raising him to help people.

(And judging by this photo the spare could use a little air)
Day 191

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is terrible!!! I had a flat tire once and a teenage boy is who told me too!!