Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh Happy Day

As you all know my beloved Gigi's Cucakes opened near us yesterday.  To say I was excited is an understatment.  You may remember when I was first introduced in Gigi's way back in January.  Later I learned that my favorite city in Alabama would be getting it's very own Gigi's.  I was estatic and jealous.  I made my sister stand in line to bring me some home.  It was then that she realized I was not as crazy as she once believed.  I'm also guilty of convincing my boss to drive 20 miles out of the way to grab some cupcake gold.  So to have one that I could drive to after work is like a dream come true. 
Since yesterday was the Grand Opening, they were offering a free cupcake to all their facebook friends.  When we arrived the line was out the door and down the sidewalk.  It didn't take long to get inside where we watched people purchase what seemed to be the last of the cupcakes.  Then they started bringing more out.  I got Cherry Limeade, Red Velvet, Wedding Cake and Birthday Surprise.  I only ate the cherry limeade I got the others for my boss since today is his birthday! 


Yes, they were every bit as delicious as they look.

and Yes, I am every bit as dorky as I appear on my blog!


I love cherry limeade in drink form and also cupcake form.  Who knew!
 
Moral of the story, if you've never been to Gigi's, find the closest one and get there fast.
 


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am SO super sad I didn't get the cherry limeade one!!!!

Kelly said...

They look yummy!!!