Tuesday, August 7, 2012

17 Weeks

(I've got to relearn how to use the self timer on my real camera, these pictures are terrible!)
How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of baby: Sweet Potato (5oz, 5.5 inches)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +11lbs total
Maternity Clothes: Pants, yes. Tops, no. The pants are just way more comfortable.
Gender: We find out August 23rd and I can't wait! I had a dream this week that it was a girl.  We were at the ultrasound and the tech said "It's a girl!", it was so vivid.
Movement: I felt something the other day that I thought could be a kick, it felt like someone thumped me from the inside.  I've felt this a couple more random times.  It always surprises me I'm guessing it is the baby.
Sleep: I've slept better this week.
What I miss: Sleeping all night. Being able wear anything I pull out of my closet.
Cravings: This week I've craved salad peppers and vegetable soup.  I guess I'm not getting enough vegetables.
Symptoms: Some round ligament pain, that made me terrified for labor.
Best Moment this week:  I've chosen a paint color and bedding.  I think I've decided on a crib, now just need to get it all ordered.  We're getting hardwood floors in our living room, foyer and the stairs going to our basement room (we'll only have carpet in the bedrooms and I'm so excited).  Lorie came over with Ellie to watch gymnastics last week and I loved seeing Ellie and Ally interact.  I think Ally is going to be a great big sister if she can get over the initial shock of not being the center of attention anymore.

No comments: