Monday, June 10, 2013

10 years later

10 years ago I graduated from high school.  In that moment I couldn't imagine anything in my life that would be more important.  Of course I hoped I'd graduate from college, get married and have some kids but my 17 year old self couldn't grasp how much bigger my life would become.  I loved high school.  I was a cheerleader and I loved being involved.  I loved Friday night football games in the fall, baseball games in the spring and basketball in between.  I loved my friends and all the memories we'd made in those short 4 years.  I loved homecoming floats and pranking the boys.  I loved it all. 
Boy did I have fun with these girls.


These are pages out of my senior book.
Peprallys and breakfast at my parents house.
 
Graduation memories.
Saturday night was my 10 year reunion.   It's so hard to believe.  We got dressed up and gathered with about 100 classmates to catch up and hangout.  It was a fun  date night.  Everyone told me that facebook has pretty much ruined the idea of a reunion.  Everyone kinda knows what you've been up to.  I did find one person that doesn't do facebook and didn't know that we'd had a baby.
So much of my life has changed since that young 17 year old girl walked across that stage.  Some days I feel like a shell of that person.  I told Patrick before we went that I didn't really feel like I had accomplished that much in 10 years.  I'm not some powerful lawyer or doctor.  I don't have a job in my degree field.  I realized that those things aren't what make me happy anyway.  I have accomplished a lot.  I have a degree, one that I fought tooth and nail to get even if it isn't the most fancy or the most difficult to obtain.  I have a happy marriage and a beautiful son.  We are successful and happy together.
We met some friends before for drinks.
The girls.
The boys.
I didn't graduate with this sweet girl but we've been friends for a while.  She and I took gymnastics together in elementary school and her mom was out coach.  In middle school I started taking tumbling classes from her mom in her basement.  We cheered together in high school and it was so good to see her and catch up.

One of the tables.
 
I didn't get very many pictures, I was to busy talking. 
It was a fun night. We didn't stay out to late.  We couldn't wait to get home to our sweet boy.  He was fast asleep but we still got to snuggle with him a bit before bed.
It's been an eventful 10 years, can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold.

No comments: