We live in Northern Jefferson county, the Gardendale, Morris area.
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted an outlet to record my feelings and to scrapbook our lives. We had been married for almost a year and I realized that I was terrible at getting photos printed, dated and into albums and I thought this was a fun way to keep track of life.
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
I like seeing my state through other women's eyes. I hope to connect with women in my area and season of life.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Wow, in 5 years Barrett will be in Kindergarten. Hopefully we'll have another kid (or two) by then. We will have been married 10 years. I expect to be living life, raising my kids and enjoying my family. Nothing to crazy.
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
I would choose Sandra Bullock. I love her and I like to think we have similar personalities. Although I'm sure she is way cooler than me.
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
-See the Grand Canyon
-Travel to Hawaii
-Retire on a body of water (hopefully the lake)
-See my kids fulfill their dreams.
-See Alabama play (ideally win) in all 12 (14) SEC stadiums.
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
Kindness. I truly try to live by the golden rule.
Can you imagine how much better this world would be if everyone just treated everyone the way they wanted to be treated?!? I want my son to be kind and to treat others with kindness.
9. Describe the best moment in your life.
So far...the moment Barrett was placed in my arms for the first time. Before Barrett was born I would have said receiving my diploma from Alabama and marrying my husband.
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
This question really got my thinking. I've always wanted to be a mom and a wife. That was always my biggest goal in life but if I could be anything I think I'd like to be a professional photographer. Traveling the world, taking pictures of beautiful places. Or I'd like to be in Broadcasting, ideally on the 4th hour of the today show with Hoda and Kathie Lee. They seem to have so much fun!
11. What or who inspires you to blog?
My family. I started blogging for me (and I still do) but I love having a journal for my kids to see one day and my family gets to follow along day by day.
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
There are to many restaurants to mention in the Birmingham area so I'll focus on Gardendale. If you find yourself in our area for lunch you have to stop by Our Place. Try the chicken salad sandwich or the Evelyn's special with a side of ranch. They have the best ranch on earth.
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
I'm not really sure. We have a lot of traditions but I don't know if any of them are specifically southern. My parents cook a big lunch on Sundays and we eat together after church most weeks. (Well I eat with them most Sundays everyone else is out of town so they aren't there every week) We tailgate for Alabama football games in the fall. We drink a lot of sweet tea. Since I've had Barrett I feel like I way more Southern just in the way I dress and parent him.
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
Definitely Barrett's birth story. My Mother's Day post was a special one. I also love all of Barrett's monthly growth posts. I promise I blogged before Barrett, a couple of my favorite posts from then...Saying goodbye to my college house and Patrick's truck.
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you!
Twitter & Instagram @MaggieMHorton