Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

We had a nice day to celebrate the dads in our lives.
First up was Patrick.  I took zero pictures of the morning opening presents and breakfast.  Patrick doesn't ask for many things but he'd asked for a cross necklace that matches the cross charm he got for me to mark Barrett's baptism.  So Barrett and I got it for him.  I think he was excited.  We also got him the stickygram Instagram magnets, for his locker at work.  He was excited.  I think his favorite gift was the fact that Barrett rolled over from back to belly for the first time.  He did it once at home and then several times at my parents house.
Barrett and I went to church and then to my parents for lunch.  It was just us and John and Hope for lunch.  We watched the race until Barrett started getting fussy.  Dad actually let Barrett watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  When we were little he never let us watch kid shows, ever.
(I told y'all I was obsessed with bubble suits)

Doesn't Ally look thrilled to be included.

I'm not sure what happened but I think it involved me ruining the pictures.

I love this picture of Patrick, his Daddy and Barrett.  They look so happy!

We had a fun day.  Barrett did really great.  I love that he's really a "schedule" baby, he likes to be on a schedule but he can be flexible.  It usually makes for a terrible Monday.  I call it "Monday morning detox"  after he's been held for every nap all weekend long.  So we've had an interesting day.  He went down right at 7:00 I'm hoping he sleeps all night.  

No comments: