Friday, October 25, 2013

10 Months


Today son, you are 10 months old.
Two months until your first birthday, say it ain't so.  I can not believe how much you've grown and changed this month.  Your little personality is really starting to show and it's the sweetest thing about you.  I've had a hard time this month accepting the fact that you are, in fact, going to be a year old soon.  I love watching you grow and learn but my heart hurts thinking about how fast it's all happening.  I finally put out my fall decor and you love it.  You're constantly trying to get my glitter pumpkins off the hearth.  You have become more independent this month.  I see less of my tiny baby and more of the little boy you're becoming.
  • You weigh around 18lbs.  
  • You're around 28" tall
  • Your hair is still lighter.
  • Your eyes are still blueish but I think they're slowly changing.
 
  • You wear a range of sizes.  Most of your play clothes are 6-9months.  Your dressy clothes are 9-12months.  Keegan let us borrow his handmedowns again this season and between his clothes and the things I've bought you you're not going to have to wear the same thing twice in December. 
  • It's been tricky dressing you lately.  You're fall/winter clothes are to big but it's getting to cold for your summer clothes. We've been doing some layering.
  • Still wearing size 3 diapers and going through about 5-6 a day.
  • This month you started sitting yourself up. You only did it in your crib for a while but now you do it all the time.
  • You also started crawling this month.  You're still not to steady and would rather army crawl where you need to get but I think it's safe to say you're officially mobile.
  • You have 3 more teeth for a grand total of 6.

  • You've found your toy box and your favorite thing to do is drag every single thing out.  You love to unpack anything.  
  • You also found Ally's toy box and will do the same with her toys.
  • You are in to everything.  You love my glitter pumpkins that were on the hearth but have been moved to the mantle, you also love to press buttons on the DVR
  • You do not like to hear the word no.
  • You clap your hands on your own.

  • You went to your first Bama game.  If it hadn't been so hot I think you would have been content to stay most of the game.
  • We also had your first "sick" visit to the Dr.  Although it turns out you really weren't sick.  We thought you had an ear infection but you were cutting two teeth and had a little cold. Nothing to bad.  You did manage to get a shot though.  We went ahead and got your first flu shot.
  • We also took you to the pumpkin patch for the first time. I think you liked it.
  • You and Ally have really bonded this month.  Mostly over your lack of coordination with finger foods.  She will play with her toys right in front of you and you try to grab them from her.  It's so cute watching y'all play together.  You laugh and laugh at her.  If she's been away from you for the day she is so anxious to check you out when we get home.
  • (Judging by the above photo, I think she was a little jealous during your photo shoot)
  • I can't wait for Halloween.  Y'all are going to be so cute together.
  • You've started eating table foods more and more.  
  • You eat the same two meals each day and then at lunch we just share whatever we're eating with you.  We're trying to give you less baby food and let you feed yourself more but I still like to make sure you're getting enough by feeding you.  
  • You take 4 6oz bottles each day.  Although if you get in the afternoon nap like you like (3-5) you only get 3 bottles (2-6oz, 1-8oz)
  • You are sleeping great at night.  I put you down around 7:00 and you sleep until 6:30-7:00.
  • Naps are still hit or miss.  If we're at home all day (which rarely happens) you take two good 1.5 hour naps in your crib.  At work you take one 1 hour nap and then usually fall asleep on the way home.
  • You still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • You love toys and books.
  • You're favorite things to play with are Ally's toys.  She isn't so sure about this.
  • You've also developed a love of the weather forecast on the news.  You will stop what you're doing to watch when the weather map pops up. 
 
We've started preparations for your 1st birthday party.  It's made me happy and sad.  These last two months are going to be busy and full of fun.  I'm trying to soak in every minute of your first year, my first year as a mother.  You've taught me so much about life.  The holidays are quickly approaching and will forever remind me of your birth.  Happy 10 months, Barrett!  The best 10 months of my life.

No comments: