Friday, August 1, 2014

August Goals



I'm looking forward to August.  I usually have mixed feelings at the end of summer but this year I'm ready for it to be over.  The weather here has been teasing fall like temps and it has been wonderful.  I've been hearing the band practicing and I'm just excited for everything fall brings.  That being said I want to be more intentional with my time this month and get some things done.  I feel like we've just been surviving these last two months.  I'm ready for more structure and routine to our days.
1).  Get Organized
I got a paper planner for the first time in years and I need to get back in the habit of using it.  I write everything down but I only check it when I need to verify something.  When I was in college I lived by my planner.  I put my "to do" lists in it each day and I feel like it made me be more productive.  I want to get in the habit of sitting down each night and mapping out a plan of attack for the next day.  I also need to get more organized paying bills and managing paperwork that comes into the house.  I know it's only going to get worse once Barrett is in "school".  I also need to be more organized to get him to school on time, with everything he needs.

2.)  Meal Plan
I am going to plan two weeks at a time and cook 5 nights a week.  I also need to plan for lunches to either take to work with us or send to school the two days Barrett will be going.  I love eating dinner as a family but have fallen out of the habit of cooking.  I'm not talking about anything fancy but I need to start cooking more.

3.) Gym Time
I haven't been to the gym in at least two months.  I have several excuses but they are just that, excuses.  I could have gotten there if I really wanted to.  Well I'm about 10 weeks away from a girls trip to Mexico and I'd like to hit the gym a lot before we go.  My goal is at least 3 times each week, but I'd really like to go 5 times each week.  I plan to mix it up and do 3 BODYPUMP classes and 2 cardio classes either BODYATTACK or BODYCOMBAT each week.

4.)  Clean up the Guest Room
It has once again become the catch all.  This happens every year.  But it's really bad right now.  I need to get it picked up and organized so that all the things that always find their way here have a place.  I'm not looking forward to it.

5.) Clean out the Pantry & Laundry Room
This is another place that just collects stuff.  Its where the random crap gets tossed when we need to "straighten up" quickly.  I need a better organization system in both places but especially the pantry.  I need to make it more functional so I won't dread cooking and putting away groceries. 
There you have it, my goals for the month of August.  I plan to keep you updated when something gets accomplished!  I'm excited to get to work!!!


1 comment:

TL said...

I created a list of personal, blogging and business goals for August as well. This has been the first time that I wrote them down and shared them...hoping it will motivate me and I will succeed in accomplishing them. Thanks for sharing your August goals with us and good luck.