Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week in Review

We've been trying to soak up this last week of "summer".  School started back here last week so we feel like summer is over.  Barrett is starting Mother's Day Out two days a week this week so we'll have a more structured week now.  I'm excited for him and a little sad at the same time.  I know he'll love it and it'll be good for both of us.

One day last week Anna and Drake invited us over to swim at her father-in-law's house.  Brittany brought the two boys she keeps and we had a blast.  Drake and Barrett are going to be in the same class at MDO.  I'm happy they'll have each other the first few days.
Friday night Kristen treated me to a pedicure for my birthday.  It was fun to relax and catch up.  I got a really bright color but it didn't show up in pictures.  

Saturday Barrett got up bright and early and we ran some errands to get him a few things he needed for school.  We came home and took naps to get ready for an afternoon filled with birthday parties.  We had two outdoor swimming/water parties and of course when we got in the car it started pouring rain and lightening.   We went to Tucker's party first and we left there and headed to Cooper's party.  Barrett had more fun climbing the stairs all around the pool than he did swimming in the pool.  He was super clingy all day but I just assumed it was because he was in a crowd all day.  Well we got home and before I could change my clothes he got sick.  We thought it was maybe that all he'd eaten for most of the day was cake and ice cream and chips and just junk.  He didn't act like he felt bad the rest of the night.  We put him to bed like usual.  I got up to get ready for church.  I'd kinda decided I wasn't going to take him to church just in case it was a bug of some sort.  Well he was still asleep when I left for church.  Patrick finally woke him up at noon and he'd gotten sick during the night.  It was pitiful.  I felt so bad that we didn't hear him at all.  Long story short he got sick a few more times.  We both required showers after the last incident.  He hasn't gotten sick since around 1:30, he's wanted to be held all day long.  So that's what I did.  All day long.  He had some crackers and french fries for dinner and he acts like he feels a little better.  This is the first time he's really been sick.  He's had a few colds and ear infections but never thrown up.  It was so sad.  He would just whine and point at his stomach.  Hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow.

He was wearing his backpack around one morning.  He acts like he's so excited for school.  I'm pretty sure it'll be a different story when I actually drop him off.  Which now won't be until Wednesday.  He was supposed to start tomorrow but they have a 24 hour rule for vomiting.  I'm sad he's going to miss the first day.  
This has been our day today.  I hate seeing him so sick but I have enjoyed all the snuggle time with him.  I feel like we earned some sort of parenting badge today with the amount of laundry we've done and the amount of vomit we've cleaned up in the past 24 hours.  I am hoping no one we partied with yesterday gets sick.  We're looking forward to a day at home to rest and recover.  

No comments: