Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dirty Thirty: Part 3

I'm finally getting around to writing about our last day.  We had the best last day.  We had breakfast and headed straight to the beach.   We all had books we wanted to read so we spent most of the day sitting on the beach, listening to the waves and reading.  It was perfect!
It was kinda overcast but I loved it.
I read this and loved it.  I'd just finished Tina Fey's Bossypants before I left and I loved it so I knew Mindy's book would be a perfect beach read and it was.
Brittany and Crystal were reading Gone Girl and I wanted to tell them what happened but I didn't.  I can't wait to see the movie!
I loved the swans on the property.
And peacocks!
And these birds.
That afternoon everyone went to the spa.  The other girls got massages on the beach so they had access to the spa.  I opted no tot get a massage and skip the spa.  Crystal joined me and we enjoyed the quiet pool.  They had these big swinging beds in cabana things.  I met some people at the bar from Pennslyvaina and I chatted with them for a while.  I learned something about myself...I like to talk to people.  I'm interested in other peoples stories. 
Some one getting a massage on the beach.
We got ice cream that day too.  I loved the ice cream! 
We headed back to our rooms to get ready for dinner.  We had reservations at 8:30 at the steakhouse for dinner.   Well we tried to catch a shuttle and he told us it was close and we could walk.  Well we ended up in the wrong place and then they told us another place which was also wrong.  We ran from one end of the resort to the other only to be told we were in the wrong place.  We finally found out where we were supposed to be and piled in a shuttle and made it.  We laughed because in that moment we learned a lot about each of our personalities.  I was definitely the "hot head"  I was so mad, and hungry.  Everyone else was more calm.  Crystal and Mallory just wanted to avoid conflict,  Brittany was the problem solver she was on the phone with the concierge telling them to hold our reservations.  Lindsey was always seeing the positive.  She smiled when I wanted to cry because I was afraid they weren't going to let us eat since we were so late.  She never thought we wouldn't get to eat.  After dinner we headed back to our rooms to pack up and get ready to head home.  I had some much fun with the girls but I missed my boys.
When we woke up Tuesday morning it was dreary.  I think Mexico was sad to see us go.  We got our luggage loaded and enjoyed one last breakfast at the resort before it was time to head to the airport.

Our sad faces because we had to go home.

Happy faces because we had a great time and we get to see our babies.
We got on the plane and there was a couple with a 4 month old baby sitting next to us.  She cried a little but her daddy was making her laugh.  She laughed and giggled and my eyes immediately filled with tears.  It was the first time I really missed Barrett.  I mean don't get me wrong, I missed him the whole time but that was the first time it upset me.  (It probably was a mix of anxiety of flying and just being ready to be home.)  The flight home was rough.  I had white knuckles from gripping the arm rest the whole time.  We landed in Atlanta around 3:00 and finally got to our car around 5:00.  Then we had to drive back to Birmingham.  It actually wasn't to bad.  After dropping everyone off I got home around 8:30.  I was exhausted and so happy to see my boys.   They had a great time without me.  I'm so thankful for Patrick, he used vacation days to take care of Barrett so I could enjoy the time away.  It took me two or three days to readjust to being in the real world.  It was just what I needed to recharge before the busy holiday season.

No comments: