Thursday, February 26, 2015

Horton House Daily: Week 8

Week 8 has been crazy!
Between vacation and snow days I've only worked a few hours.  As nice as it's been to have some down time, I'm ready for some normalcy.
Day 50:  We finally arrived at our cabin and it was so cold.  I think the car said 6 degrees.  There were icicles 3 feet long hanging from the house.  
Day 51:  We woke up to a beautiful snowy scene and frozen pipes.  (You'll notice that snow becomes a theme this week)
Day 52:  We enjoyed sledding that morning then we got cleaned up for the first time all weekend to head to downtown Gatlinburg.  We took Barrett to the aquarium, I think we enjoyed it more than he did.
Day 53:  This might have been my favorite day of vacation.  We went to taste moonshine and then we drove out to Cades Cove because I wanted to get a picture of the three of us in the same area that Patrick and I had out picture made in 2010.  We saw so many deer.  It was so foggy that you couldn't see the mountains but it was still beautiful.
Day 54:  We finally made it back home.  Daddy stole my before bed snuggle time.
Day 55:  We geared up for Wednesday's snow day by watching Frozen.
Day 56:  After staying home and watching it rain all.day.long.  It finally started snowing and sticking around 5:30.  We ended up with about 3 inches and Barrett was a fan.  We've got to invest in a good coat and mittens for him next year.  
I can't say I'm sad to see February come to an end.  It's been a tough one.  I'm ready for spring and the fresh start it brings. 

No comments: