Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

We had the best weekend celebrating Easter!
We started earlyish Saturday morning at our church's Easter egg hunt.  This was the first time we'd taken Barrett and we had the best time.  We got to play with friends and it was so much fun watching them together.

It was a cool, breezy beautiful morning with my little family.

These boys are just the cutest.  I pray all the time that Barrett is blessed with good friendships through life.  During high school my best friends were through youth group at church and I hope Barrett is lucky enough to have the same.

After we left church we headed to my Grandmother's house for lunch and to visit with them.  Barrett hunted eggs again.

He liked to stop and open each one as he picked them up.  There wasn't anything in these eggs and he was so confused because the other 3 times he'd hunted eggs there was candy in them.

John brought his go cart and we all had a ball riding it.  Barrett was terrified at first we he cranked it up but after he saw me ride it he wanted to ride and then he cried when we made him get off.

He was pouting on Uncle Patrick because we made him let the others have a turn.

These three had a blast.  I love this picture of them laughing.  My Granddaddy would let us ride whatever motorized toy he had at the time.  There are so many pictures of us piled in just like this laughing our heads off.  Those are some of my favorite memories and it makes me so happy that our kids get to experience the same.

Our family with my Grandmother and Aunt.
 
Sunday morning we got up to see what the Easter bunny had left for Barrett.  He was so excited.  He's at a really fun age! 
I made him take a picture by his basket wearing his bunny ears before he could tear into his basket.  He pulled every single thing out and named it and then insisted we open the cars.  I can't say I was surprised.

We got ready and headed to Mass with my family.  Barrett was loud and whiney and wiggly and I was about to lose it.  I was at a point where I was like why do we even bother.  It just doesn't seem worth it.  I was kneeling down and he was squirming out of Patrick's lap and being whiney and I just closed my eyes and prayed, "Just show me that this is worth it.  Show me that the sweating and sshhhing and trying to keep a toddler quiet is worth it."  Patrick tapped me on the arm, I look over to see Barrett kneeling on the kneeler trying to fold his little chubby hands like mine to pray.  My eyes immediately filled with tears.  It was an answer to my prayer.  I can't remember a time in my life where such a simple prayer was answered immediately in such a real way.  I was in awe.  It was like a weight was lifted.  Taking a toddler to Mass is hard, but it is worth it. (I apologize if you follow me on social media, I know you've already heard this story)
After Mass we went to my parents house for lunch.  This is the best picture I got of Barrett in his outfit. 
Hunting eggs...again.  My dad had put candy and dollar bills in the eggs.  Barrett found one with a dollar but he traded Harper the dollar for her candy. 
He was pleased with his trade.
I'm sad the weekend is over.  It has been a great one.  I loved spending time with my brothers and sister and their families.  I loved watching Barrett with his cousins.  2015 has not been my favorite year.  The first few months were tough but I'm not ready to write the whole year off just yet.  I'm feeling refreshed and ready to see what's in store.  This weekend with my people was good for my soul.

No comments: