Sunday, February 28, 2016

39 Weeks



For 5 weeks we were scheduled to meet AveryAnn Monday, February  22nd.  For 5 weeks we made plans and counted down to the day.  So you can imagine how upset I was when I got a call from the scheduling department on Wednesday, February 17th that they made a mistake and they couldn't schedule me before 39 weeks and according to their paper work I wouldn't be 39 weeks until Wednesday, February 24th.  And since my doctor wouldn't be there Wednesday or Thursday they would be rescheduling me for Friday, the 26th.  I lost it in the produce section of Publix.  I cried and cried.  I was so upset.  Patrick had turned in his two weeks notice at his current job with his last shift being Monday 2/29 and Tuesday 3/1.  So he was going to have to go into work the night we came home from the hospital.  I cried some more and then prayed I would go into labor before then and it wouldn't matter.  I called my doctor the next day to see if I needed to come in and see them before my appointment Friday since it got moved back.   They said yes so I made an appointment for Monday the 22nd while Barrett was at school.  I went ahead and packed all of our bags just in case they kept me but we left them at home.  I'd had a few contractions over the weekend but didn't think it was anything to get excited about.  When I got to my appointment the nurse asked how I was doing.  I was honest and told her not good.  I thought I would be holding my baby by that point.  I told her the whole thing and she was like I have you as 39 weeks today, I said me too.  She said let me talk to the doctor and we'll figure this out.  You're having this baby before Friday.  I was so relieved I cried.  The doctor checked me and I had progressed enough that she sent us down to labor and delivery.  They would observe me for a few hours and if I progressed more they would do the csection Monday if not she would do it Tuesday.
We headed down and got hooked up.  It was almost time for Barrett to be picked up from school so Patrick left to get him and take him to my dad and run home and get our stuff.  

No comments: