Wednesday, February 10, 2016

AveryAnn's Nursery

With two weeks to spare we've finished the nursery.  I feel like we had so much more work to do this time than we did the first time.  We moved the nursery furniture out of Barrett's room and our old bedroom furniture into his room.  I found the crib sheet before I knew if it was a boy or girl but I decided it would work for either.  We would have gone a more masculine route had it been a boy ;).  I used the crib skirt and curtains from Barrett's nursery (actually most everything that isn't pink is from Barrett's nursery).

I knew I wanted to do the vinyl monogram over the crib this time because Barrett started taking his canvas down that was hung over his crib.  This way she cant mess with it.

Changing table and mirror are both from the original nursery.

This little night stand was in my room in college and I needed a place for books and a lamp so it worked perfectly in this space.
View from the door.  This room is really small.  The reason it looks like all the furniture is on top of each other is because it is really tight.  The chair is from Barrett's nursery.  I love this chair and I can't wait to rock another baby in it.  Barrett loves it too.  I'll find him sitting here playing his iPad sometimes.  The chandelier was from my parents basement.  I'm not really sure where they found it.  My friend Jessica gave me the four gold frames and I bought some watercolor prints off etsy to fill them.  The prints are just things I love.  Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, an elephant and a lab.  The door hanger for the hospital is hanging on the other wall.  After she's born I play to take the bottom arrow off with her stats and add ribbon to make a bow holder.

A closer look at the watercolor prints.
Another view from the door.
I found this frame in a closet (I think it also came from my parents house).  Jessica also gave me that cross but it is the exact same color as the wall so I put the white behind it.  I love how it turned out.

A better look at the chandelier.  I love it so much.  Patrick had to rewire it and now it's perfect.
 
We're so ready to meet this baby.  I can't wait to bring her home and watch her grow up in this space.  Less than two weeks to go.  Probably going to be the longest two weeks of my life.  Come on AveryAnn, there are so many people who can't wait to meet you!


No comments: