Monday, May 23, 2016

3 months

Three months, one-fourth of a year in the books.  To say time is flying would be an understatement.   You have a brought us so much joy this month.  Your smile lights up a room and we just can't get enough of it. We thought your brother was a laid back, easy baby but you, you are so easy.  Don't get me wrong, you still fuss some if you're tired or hungry but for the most part you are so smiley and content.
  • You weigh around 15lbs.  It's not entirely accurate since I weighed you on the shipping scale at work.
  • You're around 24" long.  Again not entirely accurate since I did it myself.
  • You're wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes.
  • Size 2 diaper
  • You eat every 4 hours for 15-20 minutes.
  • You take 5 oz when you take a bottle.  You usually only get a bottle on Sundays at church.
  • You sleep 8-10 hours at night.  Which is amazing!  You usually eat around 9:00 and I put you down and you sleep until 6:00 or 7:00.  Sometimes you'll wake up around 5:00 but not very often.

  • Your hair is still dark and wild.  It is starting to lay down a little when I brush it flat after your bath.
  • Your eyes are still blue.  I hope they stay blue like your daddy's.
  • You still don't enjoy tummy time but your brother usually gets down there with you so it's not so bad.
  • You love your bunny lovie. 
  • You sometimes take a paci to go to sleep.
  • You smile all the time.  It is truly contagious.  You hear Barrett's voice and you will nearly break your neck to try to see him.  It's adorable.
  • We celebrated your baptism this month too.  It was so special to see how loved you are.  So many family and friends came to celebrate with us.  You did so good and looked beautiful in your gown.  I hope one day you'll have a daughter of your own to pass it along to.
  • You went to the lake for the first time!  I'm looking forward to all the memories we'll make there.
AveryAnn,
My sweet daughter, you might never know just how much we love you.  Hopefully one day you'll have a son or daughter and then you will know just how much we love you and your brother.  You are truly a delight.  We love watching you grow and change.  Time can be such a cruel thing.  I love all the new things you do but I know from experience that all too soon you'll be a toddler needing me less and less.  I'm trying to soak up every first.  You might be my last chance at all these firsts so I don't want to take anything for granted. I hope you always know how loved you are. 
Love you baby girl,
Mom

No comments: