Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Favorites: Its SUMMER!!!

It's officially summer in Alabama!  This week the temps are approaching 90 and the humidity has made its presence known.  We are so ready, even though our summers don't look much different that the other seasons as far as our daily routine. Our Mother's Day Out program goes through the summer (thank goodness!) and I'm still working but we will try to sneak in as many trips as we can to the splash pad, the lake and any pool our friends invite us. So to help kick off summer I thought I'd share some of my summer favorites!

First up
These sandals!


I'm loving that Birkenstocks are back in style.  Last summer I wore my vintage ones circa 2000 (I can't believe that was 16 years ago, blows my mind) and I loved them so much I decided to look for a more fun pair.  I love these gold ones
 
they are so comfortable.
Here's a picture of them on they are just so cute!

Next up,
I don't know about you but I hate washing my hair.
is life changing.  I wash my hair 2 times a week.  I use this on the days I don't wash and I just style as I normally would.  I know I'm like the last person on earth to figure this out but just incase you're in the dark like I was go buy this, you won't be disappointed.

(sorry for the selfie but this is my hair this morning and I haven't washed it since Monday, that's 4 days of sleeping 10-15 minutes later. May not seem like much but it is to me)

We're planning on taking advantage of Patrick's 3 day weekends and spending some time at the lake. I love this place and it is so fun getting to take my kids now.  Because our house as water all the way around it, the rule is you don't leave the deck without wearing your life jacket.  Barrett uses his trusty  Puddle Jumper .  This thing is way better than the life jackets we wore as kids.

This is the one we have and Barrett never complains about wearing it.  He is my shy timid kid but he's so comfortable in the water with this on.


I've gone a little crazy already with clothes for the kids.  They have several matching outfits and nicer stuff but I still needed some everyday play clothes.  So I made this cute pineapple bubble for AveryAnn.  It turned out so stinking cute.

Of course I went to order more and they are sold out of the blanks.

And finally my guilty pleasure of the summer...
The Bachelorette!  (and Big Brother but it hasn't started yet).
This year we made it interesting and all filled out a bracket.  I'm a tiny bit competitive so this was right up my alley. 



Any one else fill out a Bachelorette bracket? Have any other summer favorites I need to try?


No comments: