AveryAnn, you are six months old today. It literally feels like last month I was sitting in that hospital room holding a (not so tiny) newborn, yet here we are half a year later. You're developing quite the personality and love to laugh and giggle.
- You weigh 14lbs 9 oz. This means you haven't gained any weight since your 4 month check up and that isn't typical. Dr. Farr wants us to see Lactation so they can weigh you before and after a feeding to make sure you're eating enough. We go back to see him in a couple of weeks to make sure we're back on track.
- You measured 25"in length.
- You're still wearing mostly 6 month clothes (obviously since you haven't grown any).
- Size 3 diapers, you go through 5-8 each day.
These pictures are hilarious to me.
- You sleep 12 hours at night. Most nights I rock you for a minute and then lay you in your crib and you go straight to sleep.
- You usually take two good naps and one cat nap each day. You sleep around 2 hours in the morning and 1.5 in the afternoon and then a little cat nap before dinner.
- You are the best sleeper.
- You're sitting up for a few seconds at a time. I think by 7 months you'll be sitting up all the time.• You spent you first night away this month. You stayed with Grandmama and Grandaddy and did great!
- You're still exclusively breastfed. We might be changing this up depending on what happens at lactation.
- You've tried cereal but weren't a huge fan. We haven't pushed it. Plus Dr. Farr said he would rather your calories come from breastmilk right now.
- You nurse every 4 hours for 15-20 minutes.
- You take 5-6 ounces when you take a bottle.
- You're still a thumb sucker.
- You like having your bunny too.
- You're talking and laughing all the time.
- Your hair is still wild and dark.
- Eyes are still blue.
We love you so much! You are the sweetest, snuggliest, happiest baby. You love to be held and snuggle but you are also content to play on the floor. You are a joy to be around. We all take turns making you laugh. Happy half birthday! I hope time slows down a bit for these next six months.