Thursday, September 22, 2016

7 Months

Seven Months, I can't help but laugh at how different AveryAnn's first year is from Barrett's.  I feel like every move he made was documented.  I was a little sad when I just opened blogger to see that I haven't blogged in a whole month. I have several things I need to write about and maybe one day I'll get around to it.  I guess I'm doing good getting these monthly posts written even if the pictures are poor quality from my cell phone.
  • You weigh 15lbs 6oz.  You've gained almost a whole pound this month.  Which is exactly what you needed to do.  You're now in the 25% for both height and weight now.
  • You're around 26" long.
  • You're still wearing mostly 6 month clothes.
  • Still wearing size 3 diapers and going through 5-6 each day.
  • You sleep 10-12 hours at night.  I'm waking you up a little earlier so we can get an extra feeding in each day. 
  • You take two good naps during the day and a little cap nap in the evenings.
  • You're sitting up so well.  Barrett loves to sit with you and play.  It's really sweet.
  • You're rolling both ways.  You aren't crawling but you can get around scooting.  I heard you crying the other day and Barrett said you were under the coffee table and sure enough you'd gotten yourself stuck.
  • You're still mostly breastfed.  You got several bottles of formula while we were on vacation because nursing you in public is a nightmare because you are so distracted.  You took it like a champ and I'm pretty sure that's why you've gained so much weight.  But you also woke up at night to nurse so I'm pretty sure you still need me.
  • You nurse every 3.5-4 hours during the day and take in 4-5 ounces.
  • We started cereal this week and you've done so great.  I'm thinking we might skip right over purees because you want to feed yourself.
  • You are still very much a thumb sucker but only prefer the left one.
  • Your hair is still dark but it's not quite as wild as it has been.
  • Your eyes are still blue.
  • We were looking at your daddy's baby pictures and you look so much like him.
We have had so much fun this month.  You are sitting up like a champ and this is my favorite stage.  You're laughing so much and so easy going.  We went to Disney World for a week and you had a blast.  You got to ride so many rides and sit in Mickey Mouse's lap.  People thought we were crazy for taking you but I'm so glad we did.  We made so many memories with our little family and it was so special.  We can't wait to take you back.  By the time your brother was 7 months old I already had his birthday party planned.  I haven't really even thought about it for you.  I guess I'm in denial that time is passing so quickly.  We love you so much and can't wait to see what's in store for this month.

No comments: